The wonders of technology - Lasik
As some of you know, I did Lasik eye surgery. I did it just last week. The whole story started out when I was in Bangkok visiting my Dad. I hinted about doing Lasik surgery when he was driving and somehow he offered to pay for the surgery. (Even though I didn't intend for him to be paying!) HAhaha...So when I came back, my mum got the number of the Lasik Surgery Clinic from her friend and made me an appointment. The stupid consultation took 3hours la! Test here, test there. Until I finally got to see the Doc for like 5mins?! Anyway, the lady at the counter said that there was a slot for the next morning at 9.30am and asked if I could do it then. And I did.
Before and After Lasik
The whole night before the surgery I kept thinking that I must be crazy. Wo feng le! Wo yi ding shi feng le! I have the least tolerance for needle pain or any other sort of pain la! Even though the numbing of the eye was by eye drops but somehow you just feel like it may not be enough? So I went for it anyway, even though the whole way there I was thinking of backing out. But they actually give you no time to be nervous. They were really efficient and I was in and out of there in an hour! The surgery took less than 15mins? I have to admit. Heheez...the surgery was absolutely painless! Abit scary but not that bad la. Most of the time is just me scaring myself only. ;P Hahaa...so now, after 14years, I am released from the clutches of my glasses and contact lenses! Siok ar!
But I still can't get rid of the habit of looking for my glasses the moment I wake up.....These things take some time la....


6 Comments:
woahhh you did lasik!!!!!
hahaha you have to relieve yourself the habit of putting on ur glasses/putting contact lenses. Are you used to it yet??
i miss you with ur glasses. You remove ur lens and wear ur glasses lens-less la! hahaha.
hahha...i miss my glasses too. Nvm la! I replace with a nice pair of sunglasses! hehehe....I now super sensitive to strong sunlight lor..
oooo you're tempting me to do it too! really its painless? that's amazing!!
i'm starting to get annoyed at wearing glasses these days.....hmmmm any side/after effects with lasik?
oooo congrats!! :D
hey...which clinic did u go to? u like nv research properly leh!!!!! hahahhahahah/.....i m gonna do it aft my degree stabalise.....:(
omg.. you so look like your mum..!
*sheep
Judy: the side effects are that at night u'll see halos and starburst when u're looking into the light. But it'll go off after sometime. Any the vision can get abit smokey but it'll also go off after some time.
lala: I got check lor. They have a website: http://www.lsc.sg/
Anyway, I knew someone who did it a year ago and she's still enjoying her perfect eyesight with nothing to worry so I just went for it la! hehehe....
sheep: I always heard ppl say that. ;P
Post a Comment
<< Home