Falling in love with med school
My peer tutors have been telling us that having a study group is a very good thing to have. Cause you'll get a chance to discuss about the things you don't understand. Which makes alot of sense but doing it is another different thing. Just cause we're all lazy and busy with other stuff. But today, a med sch friend came over for dinner. F cooked us Bak Ku Teh and after we did abit of studying. And we had a really productive conversation and I love how the juices just flowed and we just helped each other understand concepts that we knew about that the others didn't understand? Cleared all my questions marks in my head! And from time to time, we would also share new knowledge. D was sharing about there being a published paper that said that people should not give breaths to victims during CPR and that they should only concentrate on chest compressions. Cos its more important to keep the blood flowing to the heart n brain than giving them the breaths? I mean I would never have thought of that or found out about things like that unless someone told me! And its such a random thing to share but yet, medical students are that random in their learning about medicine! Just cos there's so much to learn and there's no fixed pattern to learn! I'm really loving life as a medical student, even though the stress level is creeping up on me. :D


4 Comments:
yah i love random facts! like how i tell ppl that do you know tt asparagus is an aphrodisiac, that its better to eat butter than magarine coz the latter is higher in transfats... yada yada. i think i will have loved med sch too if not for the lifestyle of a doc. :)
Hahahaa! I can imagine ppl freaking out when u tell them things like these but I love it@! One thing about the lifestyle of a doc tho, is that I think u make up the kinda lifestyle u wanna live? U can study all day all night or live hard and play hard? its just how u make of it. Its also like how they say u can't spruce up ur dressing in a hospital and wat not but seriously, u can still dress up and look pro and still feel pretty! Who says we can't wear pretty dresses!??! I will dress up if I want to! :P
Seriously, u got some really helpful classmates to share knowledge with..
the CPR thgy is so interesting. didnt noe got such thg. haha next time blog more abt it.
Post a Comment
<< Home